Friday, December 28, 2012

FOREVER RED FROM BATH AND BODY




I was chosen to participate in testing and received this from Influenster in their Cosmo VoxBox. I was so lucky to have gotten this scent. I saw this product a while back but I was unsure if this was a scent that I would like. I’m glad that I was able to test it out. I love this scent so much. I've been using it quite a bit these past couple weeks. I spray it everywhere I go. I spritzed it all over. A lot of people around me like my co-worker and even patients say “You smell so good! What are you wearing?!” I proudly said, “Forever Red! It’s a new scent by Bath and Body works!” I was so excited.  I really love the complexity of this scent. Its so many different things rolled into one. I get sweet notes, musky notes and everything in between.  I think everyone will love it.

Bath & Body Works Forever Red is the brand's newest permanent Signature Collection scent. Bath & Body Works has really been promoting this scent.   Bath & Body Works sales associate told me that more money was spent developing and promoting Forever Red than on any other scent in the brand's history. Bath & Body Works calls Forever Red their "most luxurious fragrance ever" and describe it as a "pairing of the richest and rarest ingredients to create our most feminine and surprising fragrance collection yet! Forever Red is a passionate blend of pomegranate and red osmanthus with a sexy surprise of vanilla rum". This scent is currently available in nine products. All of the Forever Red products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the Signature Collection items but I was told by the sales associate that sales like "buy three get two free" will still be applicable. The full size Eau de Parfum retails for $44.50. All Bath &Body Works products are cruelty free and made in the USA.

Forever Red's mini Eau de Parfum comes in a really pretty bottle. All of Forever Red's packaging is very nice looking, much fancier looking than what you'd expect from Bath & Body Works, more like something you'd expect from Bath & Body Work's sister brand Victoria's Secret. This little perfume comes in a rectangular, translucent, red glass bottle topped by a square, plastic, red cap. The bottle is plain, only the name of the scent is on the front, written in red of course.  I really like the look of Forever Red's mini bottle, it's nice for just a purse size.


Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple

Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus

Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

The pomegranate and apple notes combine to give Forever Red a delicious juiciness. The scent is armed up by the rum and has a sweet confection quality to it stemming from the marshmallow. The sweetness isn't strong or overpowering; I actually think it's the softest aspect of Forever Red. I love how seamless the notes are, the fruit notes mesh so well with the sweet alcoholic notes, sitting atop a soft but rich woody base. Bath & Body Works really put together a great scent. I've really fallen in love with Forever Red.

The sales associate I talked to told me that this little bottle of Forever Red is an Eau de Parfum, meaning that it contains a high concentration of fragrance oils resulting in longer wear. Um..well, it lasts longer than the reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist which struggle to last an hour on me. I get about two hours of wear from Forever Red which is pretty poor especially for the price. Maybe it's just me, but I get good wear from other, non-Bath & Body Works scents, so it's probably the formula. I'm really disappointed by how often I need to re spritz.

Overall, apart from the short wear time, I love Bath & Body Works Forever Red is one of my all-time favorite scents. I think Bath & Body Works really made a great new scent that isn't too similar to their other offerings. I hope to buy one or two more mini Eau de Parfums. I definitely recommend trying out this great new scent

This product is only at available Bath & Body the link will be down below

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/home/index.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment