Monday, December 31, 2012

COVER GIRL BLASTFLIPSTICK REVIEW





 This is bright coral red


This is a dark gold


STUNNER (840) The red was less frosty than the gold, but still had shimmer


This is a medium pink

This a light pink


Vixen (820) Both colors were very frosty 

 This a chocolate brown 

This is dark gold 


Minx a dark gold (855) The gold was similar to that in Stunner. Brown was less frosty. Gold was very frosty

Three COVERGIRL BLASTFLIPSTICKs were included as part of a BzzKit that I received for free. The colors in my BzzKit were 820 Vixen, 840 Stunner, and 855 Minx. I was not very impressed with this lipstick. It didn't apply smoothly at all. I tried applying it straight from the tube. It seemed a little lumpy. I tried exfoliating my lips and applying it again, but got similar results. When I applied it with a brush, the results were a little better, but I still cannot say that I liked the way it felt on my lips. Any imperfection on my lips seemed to be magnified. The lipstick also felt greasy, but didn't feel moisturizing. I thought it felt cheap, and the fragrance (chemically floral) of the product only added to the affect. I am makeup obsessed, and I am used to using products with quality. This product was certainly not, and reminded me of the products I used to use when I was a teenager and couldn't afford any better. It smudges very easily and, because of the bright color, the smudges are easily seen but NOT easily removed. The one positive was that COVERGIRL BLASTFLIPSTICK is long-wearing.

The cool affects that are featured in the ad are hard to recreate. They definitely cannot be done as the commercial suggests, by applying it from the tube and flipping it over to the other color. I tried to recreate the look using a brush and was more successful, but for looks where I want a multi-tonal lip, I would rather use another brand of lipstick and maybe even eyeshadow. The effects and the look of my lips would have been much smoother than if I used COVERGIRL BLASTFLIPSTICK. I would feel duped if I purchased this product with the intention of creating the effects by using it straight out of the tube.

The colors I tried were:

* 820 Vixen - both colors were cool pink shades, one medium pink and one light pink. Vixen was my favorite color out of the ones I tried. Both colors were very frosty.

* 840 Stunner - bright coral red and a dark gold. The red was less frosty than the gold, but still had shimmer. I think this is the color they feature in most of the ads.

* 855 Minx - chocolate brown and a dark gold. The gold was similar to that in Stunner. Brown was less frosty. Gold was very frosty.

In summary, these products will probably end up in the trash. This in itself is saying a lot because I don't like throwing makeup away. The texture of the product is rough and greasy without being moisturizing. The frostiness emphasizes any flaws and flakiness that may be on the lips. The cool effects shown on the commercials are impossible to create without having a lip brush. If I had to use one word to describe COVERGIRL BLASTFLIPSTICK, it would be cheap.






No comments:

Post a Comment