Friday, January 20, 2012

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH

So as everyone know Maybelline had came out with these new blushes called dream bouncy blushes . At first I was going to stay away from this product because I really do not like any kind of cream blushes . But being that theses are a new product it sound so interesting and I was intrigued with the formula so I thought I would give it a try. It was an easy find at my local drug store. I bought 6 out of the 10 shades .



PIGMENTATION

Two out of the 6 was the most pigmented  which was the darker colors . Keep in mind I'm a NC 45 in Mac . The only way the other lighter colors will show on my skin is if I really pack it on but then, the feel of the cream blush would feel different on my face . It becomes more patchy more clay like ... even if you blend it the more you blend the more you lose the color ... So it like what was the whole point




FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

30 Candy Coral
50 Plum Wine
70 Hot Tamale
40 Pink Plum
10 Pink Frosting 
45 Orchid Hush

TEXTURE

Feels like a powder to cream finish but at the same time clay like . It is very light on the skin. At first touch on the packaging it does feels a little weird it takes me back to my childhood  days to when I use to play with play dough . Which is kind fun ... 



Plum Wine






PACKAGING

It contains 5.6 grams the names of each blush is on the back of the compact. Some people would say they would of have like it to be in front of the packaging for easier access. But I like it either way it reminds me of a mini Mac blush .


OVER ALL SUMMERY

I was not happy at all with this product. The concept was a good idea to draw attention for a new product that was a gimmicky move from the company . But that's all that was gimmicky. The pigmentation was low quality most colors was on the sheer side. Does not work on a lot of skin tones and for it to work on someone they really have to work on the blending and  and the packing on the product . On top of  that the lasting power on these are horrible. I'll give it at least 4 hours before the product is completely gone . Would I buy this product or even recommend it to anyone ....this is a big no , no don't even waste your money on this product unless you have money to waste .






No comments:

Post a Comment