Saturday, January 7, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows Review


So as everyone knows L’Oreal had come out with these new infallible eye shadows that everybody has been on a hurt for. It was first seen somewhere in Canada and Europe. Here in the US we are the last to receive them. It was said to be seem at Bed Bath and Beyond first. I was lucky to find them at a Rite Aid for $7.95. I was so happy I bought every color they had before anybody got their hands on them. Sorry if you were the one that was right behind me I left what I could LoL. They had a very small display Rite Aid you got to do better. Don’t you know everybody and their mother is looking for these eye shadows.

Many people are comparing them to the Armani eyes to kill eye shadow which cost $32. I cannot because I do not own any of them. But from what I can tell you is if they are. These are a very good dupes.





PIGMENTATION


Most of eye shadows has that satin,metallic,shimmer finish for except for Sultry Smoke #998, Endless Pearl # 899 and Continuous Cocoa #891 which is more matte. The colors that they designed really works well together. They blend very nicely so it can give you a great variety of looks, they are highly pigmented . You can wear them alone or with a base depends but if you have oily lids. I suggest to use a base because from what I hear they make it difficult to make them work.

Sultry Smoke



TEXTURE

Texture of these eye shadows is not creamy, not powdery, not mosses. It is between a cream to powder finish. It has that velvety feel. Application to the eyes is very soft. The shadows did not flake or crease threw out the day. Once applied the color on the lid is very strong and stay threw out the whole day. This product formula is unlike most eye shadow that I ever tried.
Infinite Sky

Perpetual Purple

Golden Sage

PACKAGING
It is a transparent glass jar with a screw lid. All the lids have the names of the colors . In the back where it is transparents you can see the shades.  So it can be easier to see them better. When you open the lid you will find a small topper with some kind on handle . My guess it is for the eye shadows to stay in place. The shadows is so soft that sometimes it needs to be pressed  from time to time because the shadows do crumble when you use it.

COLOR SELECTION
There are 12 colors which contains 3.5g. Which is quite a lot for a drugstore brand?
#222 Infinity sky = which is like a sliver blue (metallic)
#333 Golden sage = which is like a mild due green (metallic)
#555 Perpetual purple = which is like a deep plum purple (metallic)  
#890 Bronzed Taupe = which is like a taupe (metallic)
#891 Continuous Cocoa = which is like a dark brown (matte)
#892 Amber Rush = which is like a light taupe (metallic)
#888 Iced Latte = which is like a light champagne beige (metallic)
#889 Midnight Blue = which is like a dark navy blue (metallic)
#899 Endless Pearl = which is like a light beige (matte)
#997 Eternal Sunshine = which is like a golden gold (metallic)
#998 Sultry Smoke = which is like a grey (matte)
#999 Eternal Black = which is like an intense black (with sliver shimmer)

SIDE NOTE
I notices that over seas have different colors then what we don't have  hear in the states . Also some of the colors that we do have they have them in different names . Lastly some of the colors they have are limited edition which is weird . I hope some of those colors come hear.
 OVERALL SUMMERY
I was pleasantly surprised by these eye shadows performance. It really last a long time on the lid. I don’t know if it last 24hrs but they did last on me at least 12hr which is enough for me. Strong colors long-lasting and a good value for a drug store brand would I buy these again … YES I would, hopefully they will come out with more different colors later down the line because I don’t think I would be able to finish with the one I have for a very long. A little is all it takes to do a look with theses eye shadows because of the pigmentation is so great. So pigmented, that they are hard to come off with just soap and water. So make sure you use an eye remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment